@crumbs_and_vanilla on Instagram, Twitter & Pinterest
Super gooy and rich with a little crunch. So decadent…don’t blame us if they are all gone before you know it!
175g (3/4 cup) unsalted butter
100g (1/2 cup) coca powder
125g (1/2 cup + 2 tbsp) caster sugar
125g (1/2 cup + 2 tbsp) brown sugar
1 tsp extract
85g (1/4 cup + 2 tbsp) plain flour
· Preheat the oven to 170C/ and line a 20cm square tin.
· Put the butter and cocoa into a saucepan over a low heat, stirring until the butter has melted. Remove from the heat and leave to cool for 2 minutes.
· Whisk the eggs, both brown and caster sugars, vanilla and a pinch of salt until pale.
· Add the cocoa and butter mixture and stir to combine.
· Sift the flour over the mixture and use a rubber spatula to mix thoroughly.
· Crush the malteasers and gently stir throughout the mixture
· Pour the mixture into the tin, spread level and bake for 18–20 minutes until just firm to the touch.
· Leave to cool in the tin before cutting into squares.